Stacks for Two — A leftover delight
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon of salsa. Mix salsa and chopped meat in fry pan and heat together.
2. Place one tortilla in the bottom of a small casserole dish.
3. Spread one half of the salsa mixture on the tortilla.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
5. Repeat 2–4 (placing another tortilla on top of the one below, then covering with cheese.
6. Place last tortilla on top, spread the reserved salsa, then sprinkle more shredded cheese.
7. Heat in 350̊ oven 20 or more minutes until cheese bubbling and top slightly browned.
8. Cut in wedges and serve with sour cream, chopped lettuce, and chopped tomato.
Notes: Any meat may be used — beef, pork, chicken, ham, even fish.
Cheeses may include cheddar, mozzarella, Colby, Parmesan, Mexican blends, or others. You may prefer to place a different cheese in each layer.
Variations: Use pineapple salsa and include pineapple tidbits with the meat.
Use a chopped, cooked vegetable instead of meat, or with meat.